12 HOURS OF FURY
November 2, 2013 - 10:00AM
The 12 Hours of Fury will test your body, mind and mountain biking skills. The 12 Hours of Fury is staged at the competitive loop trailhead in McDowell Mountain Regional Park and utilizes 10 miles of single track. The rules are simple, the most loops in 12 hours wins all the glory!
Hooded sweat shirts for all racers!
Solo singlespeed male
Solo singlespeed female
Trophies will be awarded three deep per category. All award winners recieve 50% off 2014 event.
The 12 Hours of Fury course is the perimeter loop of the McDowell Competitive Track, also known as sport-tech-long, the loop is 10 miles long. There will be an exchange area bypass for solo riders and those taking a second lap. The event is chip timed so riders making an exchange must exchange their timing chip.
Competitive Track Review:
Off Road Racing Team on Blogspot
More Info from McDowell Mountain Park website:
McDowell Mountain Competitive Track (pdf)
Prior to midnight September 30
Prior to midnight Novemer 1
4:00 p.m. Packet Pick Up at the Competitive Track opens
7:00 p.m. Packet Pick Up at the Competitive Track closes
7:00 a.m. Packet Pick Up at the Competitive Track opens
9:00 a.m. Packet Pick Up at the Competitive Track closes.
9:15 a.m. Athlete meeting
10:00 a.m. The 12 Hours of Fury begins
5:30 p.m. Headlights illuminated
7:00 p.m. Camp fire, s'mores and beer
10:00 p.m. The 12 Hours of Fury finish
10:15 p.m. 12 Hours of Fury Awards & beer
This event will be chip timed by 4 Peaks Timing. Timing chips will be available during packet pick up. Please ensure your timing chip is returned after the race. Times will be posted hourly at the registration area and at 4peaksracing.com/results.php
*Neutral bike support by Bicycle Ranch.
*Neutral charging station
*Shower facilities are available
The 12 Hours of Fury is permitted through USA Cycling. Non-USA Cycling members are subject to a $5 fee for their one day license. USA Cycling members must produce their membership card at registration. Every athlete is required to check in, sign the waiver and submit it at registration.
1. Race numbers must be displayed at all times.
2. Please overtake with care and communicate to the slower rider. Slower riders please yield.
3. Cutting the course will result in immediate disqualification.
4. Rider exchanges must be made in the exchange tent. This event is chip timed and the chip is your baton.
5. Each athlete riding between 5:30 p.m. and the finish must have a front light with two to three hours of battery life.
6. Each team that starts this race will be given a lap count and time in the results regardless of when they finish. Winners are the individuals and teams that complete the most laps in the fastest time before 12 hours has elapsed.
PARKING & CAMPING
Primary camping is available atthe competitive trailhead with overflow camping available at The Four Peaks Staging Area/30 Acre Lot
Parking and camping will be on a first come first serve basis. Solo row is located behind the exchange tent. Entry fee to McDowell Mountain Regional Park is $6/day non campers or $17/night for those camping.